Rossendale Valley Sailing club is situated high up on the moors between Burnley and Rossendale offering excellent sailing and windsurfing. With an open aspect to the surrounding moors, and at nearly 1000ft elevation, the reservoir is open 12 months of the year, offers excellent wind conditions and there is often someone on the water having a great time no matter what their skill level. Clowbridge Reservoir at 68 acres provides some of the best wind in Lancashire for boating and water based leisure activities.
As an RYA certified training centre, RVSC offers RYA certified courses in sailing, windsurfing and powerboat.
There is a well established Wednesday Night Racing programme, with a growing race series held on Sundays. During the summer months Saturday’s is youth training, with established Sailing and Windsurfing activities taking place. Social sailing is encouraged at all times, whether a complete novice, returning or experienced sailor. Rossendale Valley Sailing Club, offers the opportunity, to race, learn the basics, hone your skills, all within the environment of the Pennine Moors, in the heart of England’s North West.
Close to the motorway network, ensures easy access from Blackburn, Preston, Bolton and Manchester. A short commute will give access to sailing and windsurfing. Membership gives access to the site, with good parking, a secure boat park, and changing rooms, as well as a lounge to relax in and galley for tea, coffee and snacks.
Why Join Us
- Start to Learn and Improve Sailing and Windsurfing skills.
- Good value membership.
- 90 Acre reservoir set high in the Lancashire Moors.
- Good road links.
- Heated Club House, Changing Rooms and showers.
- RYA Training centre with dedicated training room.
- Training and hire fleet of dinghies and windsurf boards and rigs.
- Galley serving fabulous food.
- Organised Sunday and Wednesday Evening race programme.
- Open all year around.
- Located high on the East Lancashire Moors, close to the Pennine Bridleway, providing an ideal access point for Horse Riding, Hiking and Mountain Biking.